Detroit, Michigan · June 2nd, 2017
4 spots left
Friday, June 2nd, 2016, 12:00pm-9:30pm
Detroit’s food scene is hot! Grounded in history with a modern high-energy twist, the spirit of innovation and soul of the city are reflected in its vibrant food and drink. If you’re hungry to understand more about this amazing rebirth through food, join us and take a behind-the-scenes tour.
Zingerman's 8th Annual Camp Bacon hits the road with Zingerman’s Food Tours again this year for a high-energy tasting jaunt through the markets, kitchens, and breweries of Detroit. Our food adventurers will go behind the scenes to meet the chefs and taste-makers at the heart of the Motor City’s vibrant food scene.
A group of 20 guests traveling with 2 hosts, Dan and Janene Centurione.
What Is Included?
- Eastern Market - Detroit’s historical food hub and ground zero for the urban farm to table movement, as well as Street Art, and entry to the Dequindre Cut Greenway.
- Learn about the Market’s history and its current role in revitalizing Detroit’s food economy and business growth. We’ll snack on Supino's excellent pizza and then hike around the Market, to experience the vibe and street art.
- Examine Detroit’s history, architecture and new growth, land use and development as we journey through the streets of Detroit to Wright and Co, in the stunningly refurbished Wright-Kay Jewelry building. We’ll be joined by Chef Marc Djozlija, as we enjoy his take on a pork-a-licious small plate and cocktail.
- Off to Corktown, vibrant urban center of breweries, distilleries and food experiences.
- Our final stop is (revolver), the hottest pop-up in Detroit, for a full-on porky snout-to-tail dinner and drinks with Chef Peter Dalinowsky and a secret chef.
Price includes all food, drink, guides, and transportation. The tour will be on luxury private bus, starting and returning to Zingerman’s Roadhouse in Ann Arbor.
How Much Does It Cost?
$295 per person